FIND YOUR DREAM JOB AT CIFA
Posted on: 3rd May 2021
CIFA Kenya has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as Project Officer. The role holder will ensure the effective and efficient implementation of activities directly related cash and voucher-based programs, Participatory Rural Appraisal (PRA), Participatory Market, Self Help Groups. The role holder would contribute to enhancing the capacity of the Food Security & Livelihoods team to gather quality information on the household economies of targeted vulnerable groups, by participating in assessments and assisting with information analysis and report writing, and subsequently to provide technical input into the development, monitoring and evaluation of the resilience project. This position is contingent upon donor approval and funding.
Contract Duration: 8 months
No of Vacancies: two (2) Position
Reporting to: Project Manager
Location: Moyale, Marsabit County 85% Field Work, 15% office work
Nationality: Kenya Nationals only
Qualification and Experiences
• Bachelor degree in social sciences or other discipline relevant to rural livelihoods and any other relevant qualification.
• At least 3-year relevant project management experience in an NGO or similar organization.
• Good technical knowledge of policy and practice in the field of livelihoods, as well as other cross cutting issues
• An understanding of child rights and their protection and fulfilment in the development context.
• Experience in implementing cash transfer programs (unconditional cash transfers, voucher and cash for work) and livelihoods programs in the context of pastoralist areas;
• Knowledge of participatory rural appraisal;
• Computer literate in word processing and excel packages.
• Good communication, presentation, training and report writing skills.
• Ability to take a proactive approach in community capacity building, either directly or through facilitation of suitable support and experience in leading a team in fieldwork with communities.
• Willing to work in isolated rural areas with basic living conditions, and work in difficult field conditions.
• Knowledge of local language is an added advantage.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations and send to:
firstname.lastname@example.org and cc. email@example.com
Deadline: 15th May 2021.
CIFA works in Northern Kenya and Southern Ethiopia as a Development and Humanitarian Organization that aims to encourage and support local initiatives that enhance sustainable development through adoption of cutting-edge technologies and approaches.
CIFA promotes the use of local resources, appreciation of local knowledge and experience as the building blocks for development activity towards resilience. Careful research into the socio-economic, cultural, technical and environmental conditions is an essential pre-requisite for successful investment.
Participation of beneficiaries in design, implementation and evaluation highly considered essential. Integration of activities, local capacity building, negotiation with beneficiaries and the principle that women and men are considered equal partners are important elements of the development process that CIFA is implementing.
CIFA put women and girls in the centre because CIFA know that it cannot overcome development challenges until all people have equal rights and opportunities. CIFA currently works in 10 communities in Globo, Uran, Obbu and Butiye ward implementing the Moyale Sub
county Resilience Project.
ALTERNATIVELY: YOU CAN APPLY ONLINE BELOW
CIFA stands for Community Initiative Facilitation and Assistance. It was registered as an international NGO, in Kenya, in 2005. CIFA was founded by Borana elite to support the resource-constrained and marginalized pastoral communities of northern Kenya…